Subscribe Twitter

Thursday, June 9, 2011

READ YOUR COUPONS FINE PRINT

I recently went to Magic Mart with (6) $1/2 Xtra coupons in hand.  I had it in my mind that I was just buying 12 of the Xtra and using 6 coupons.  Seemed like a simple transaction.  (BTW, they had them on sale for $1.98).  I quickly realized that the coupon said "1 per transaction" in the fine print.  With that said, I had to ask that it was ok to run 6 separate transactions to accomplish my goal.  I didn't tie up the lines, because the manager offered to check me out at Customer Service.  Long story short take note of the following:
READ YOUR COUPONS FINE PRINT!
If it says 1 per transaction, you can only use 1 per transaction! If it says 4 like coupons per transaction you can only use 4. If you think your "getting one over" on someone by COMMITING COUPON FRAUD, your only hurting yourself and the rest of us. REGARDLESS what you see on that uneducational show Extreme Couponing, DO NOT follow their practices!
 By asking for permission from the Manager, he now respects me and was very friendly.  I approached him with a sweet smile and was willing to accept the answer "No" if that is what he said.  I would have just come back the next day and done another one or had gone to Walmart with their ad in hand and price matched them.  Please play by the rules!

No comments:

Post a Comment